This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Impossible cheeseburger pie is an unexpected but TASTY twist on a cheeseburger! It’s full of ground beef, and cheese, and the addition of Bisquick creates a comforting casserole texture. All your favorite hamburger ingredients are baked into a savory pie and your family will LOVE this version.
Anything reminiscent of a cheeseburger is always a hit! It’s fun to enjoy the flavors of a cheeseburger in lots of different ways. Make this cheeseburger soup, this casserole, or try these eggrolls for a unique appetizer.
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
It’s definitely not impossible to make this cheeseburger pie! It’s actually EASY and the word “impossible” comes from the magic that happens. The Bisquick mixture bakes and forms a crust for this savory pie. Bisquick is known for making this pie legendary and it’s been on the back of their box for years! As silly as the name is, you have to give it a try because I know your family will devour it! Pour the Bisquick over the meat mixture, top with cheese, and it somehow bakes into a perfect savory pie. It’s cheesy beefy goodness the family can’t resist and it tastes just like a cheeseburger!
Savory pies are a fun dinner idea that the whole family will love. I love that dinner is baked and served in one pie dish. Chicken pot pie is a classic no-brainer recipe, but you should definitely try this tomato pie or my taco pie.
Ingredients For Cheeseburger Pie
If you love a good burger, this cheeseburger pie is for you! It’s packed with all of your favorite cheeseburger ingredients and baked in a delicious pie. It uses minimal ingredients for a tasty dinner! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact measurements.
- Lean Ground Beef: Ground beef is the star of a burger and the base of this cheeseburger pie.
- Onion: You can’t have a burger with onion!
- Garlic: Adds flavor to the meat mixture.
- Petite Diced Tomatoes: Use 1 cup of canned petite diced tomatoes.
- Dill Relish: Instead of pickles, just use dill relish. It’s the perfect alternative to chopping pickles.
- Salt and Pepper: Salt and pepper the meat mixture to taste.
- Bisquick: All-purpose baking mix that creates a casserole texture.
- Milk: Adds moisture to help mix the Bisquick mixture.
- Eggs: Help bind the pie ingredients.
- Cheddar Cheese: Shredded cheddar cheese makes this savory pie cheesy and delish!
Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
The best part about this cheeseburger pie recipe is that it comes together quickly! You’ll also love that dinner is served in one dish. It’s easy to prepare and is the perfect family-friendly recipe.
- Preheat Oven, Prepare Pan: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 or 10-inch pie pan with pan spray and set aside.
- Cook the Beef: Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned and no pink remains, about 8 minutes. Transfer the ground beef mixture to the prepared pie pan.
- Add the Onion, Garlic, Tomatoes, and Relish: Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, and relish. Cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste then remove from the heat.
- Combine the Bisquick, Milk, and Eggs: In a medium bowl, whisk together the Bisquick mix, milk, and eggs until combined.
- Add the Bisquick Mixture and Cheese: Pour the Bisquick mixture evenly over the meat then sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake: Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cook until the center is completely cooked and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the pie to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Add Toppings: Top with additional diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and your favorite burger sauce and enjoy!
This easy cheeseburger pie is SO versatile! Make this cheeseburger casserole your own with variations.
- Beef: If you use ground beef with a higher fat content, be sure to drain out the fat! I like to push the cooked meat to one side of the pan and tilt it so the fat runs to the other side. Remove the liquid fat with a spoon or sop it up with a couple of paper towels.
- Switch Up the Add-ins: Change up the add-ins! Try adding in some sauteed, chopped mushrooms, caramelized onions, or crumbled bacon! Your favorite burger ingredients would make this pie extra delicious.
- Cheese: If you prefer a different type of cheese on your cheeseburger, like pepperjack or American, feel free to sub out the cheddar cheese for your favorite kind.
- Mini Pies: Make mini burger pies! Line a muffin pan with muffin liners then spray them lightly with pan spray. Proceed to fill them with the meat mixture and Bisquick mixture until the meat is nearly covered. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, until fully cooked. You can unwrap these and freeze them for convenient individual portions when the craving hits. My kids love these mini pie sizes!
Leftovers Cheeseburger Pie
My family devours this cheeseburger pie, but if you have leftovers then follow my tips below! I don’t recommend freezing this cheeseburger casserole.
- In the Refrigerator: Save leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To Reheat: Reheat leftovers in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-20 minutes. You can also microwave in individual portions for 1.5-2 minutes.
- Make Ahead: Prepare the meat mixture the night before! Add to the pie pan then cover and refrigerate. Top with the Bisquick mixture and cheese then bake.
1 hr 15 mins
Sloppy Joe Casserole
Pin this now to find it later
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 or 10-inch pie pan with pan spray and set aside.
Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned and no pink remains, about 8 minutes. Transfer the ground beef mixture to the prepared pie pan.
Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, and relish. Cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the Bisquick mix, milk, and eggs until combined.
Pour the Bisquick mixture evenly over the meat. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cook until the center is completely cooked and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the pie to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Top the pie with additional diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and your favorite burger sauce. Enjoy!
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 404kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 31gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 660mgPotassium: 595mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 630IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 371mgIron: 3mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.