Pickled Mushrooms Reminder: Jars May Contain Poison

Photo of author
Written By Kampretz Bianca

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur pulvinar ligula augue quis venenatis. 

Currently, great caution applies to pickled mushrooms with the description “Common White Täubling”: Jars from the company “Lackmann Fleisch- und Feinkostfabrik” may contain a strong neurotoxin. The manufacturer therefore recalled the product. Consumers should not, under any circumstances, consume mushrooms.

The neurotoxin is created by trapped bacteria

The company, based in Willstätt in Baden-Württemberg, said on Friday that it was informed of the suspicion by a customer. The results of the investigation are still pending. The portal “lifewarning.de” (external link, possibly paid access) published a corresponding notice about the product.

According to the product recall, there is an extremely rare but dangerous natural phenomenon behind all this: we are talking about so-called foodborne botulism. This is a disease caused by the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. The organisms are capable of producing neurotoxins in the absence of oxygen, which are among the most serious poisons known.

This can result in vision problems and paralysis

Consumption of contaminated food can cause visual impairment, difficulty swallowing and paralysis. According to the Robert Koch Institute, even the smallest amounts can be dangerous. If the disease is not treated, it can even be fatal.

Only glasses with the product name “Gemeiner Weiß-Täubling” and an expiration date of May 20, 2025 are specifically affected by the recall. According to the Russian part of the label, the mushrooms are salted and come from Altai, a mountain range in Russia. The production date was November 20, 2023, the EAN code is 4250370532731. According to the manufacturer, the glasses were sold almost everywhere in Germany – so consumers should also be careful in Bavaria.

Botulism is very rare, but when it occurs the danger is great

Botulism is a rare but very serious disease in Germany. As the Robert Koch Institute writes, it cannot be transmitted from person to person. It is most commonly caused by eating contaminated food. Anyone who develops symptoms should receive immediate medical treatment.

Less than two weeks ago, about 150 people in Russia contracted botulism. They ate bean salad prepared by a food delivery service with canned beans. In Germany, there have been more and more recalls recently – the reasons are very different.

Source link

Leave a Comment

bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd bcd